I have eleven short stories that subliminally teach Children 6-12 years of age about challenges that our Society faces: Racism, Peer Pressure, Bullying, Divorce, Addiction, even Bio-Magnification, and etc. Without ever mentioning the spotlit “challenge,” each story imparts learning with how to grow through the “challenge” by sharing a Marine Character’s Life Experience in our Oceans. Through my diving, I have observed how Marine Critters can teach our Youth (Adults too) about themselves by sharing their own stories…all because of a Dusky Damselfish (who I have named Dudley) who I met on a sea mount five miles offshore, while diving in The Bay Islands of Honduras.
I wrote these stories more than twenty-years ago. Finally, I am releasing them from the purgatory of my drawers and computer’s folders…
- Always Safe ~ Written By ©Diana Ring
- Familia-r ~ Written By ©Diana Ring
- Is the beach your backyard? Is the beach the ocean’s front yard?
- Stevie learns that not everybody speaks the same language…Written By ©Diana Ring
- Olly learns that a world with different colors is really a better place…Written By ©Diana Ring
- Rudy learns that sometimes he needs to say no to his friends…Written By ©Diana Ring
- Hansen learns to accept that different is not bad…Written By ©Diana Ring
- Joanie learns that not being popular can be more popular…Written By ©Diana Ring
- Dudley learns that it’s okay to call for help…Written By ©Diana Ring
- Jado learns that some people can be happier by living apart…Written By ©Diana Ring
- Joanie learns how to help others who need help…Written By ©Diana Ring
- Marlo learns that a friend can need your help even when they don’t ask…Written By ©Diana Ring
- Leah learns to not judge others who seem to have less…Written By ©Diana Ring
- Diana learns that she can make a difference…